Okay, this is gonna be a long one. But before I go into it, I must say that it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Though I was watching it with someone, and we had more laugh-out-loud moments than I could count… and it’s not even a comedy. This is purely subjective, and I’m more than aware that I am not the target audience for this movie.
– Nothing is more gengges than women who adore or worship men, like the Anastasia Steele character. I tried reading the book and couldn’t even get past the first interview part because I was so turned-off by how klepek2 she was for the guy.
– Most of the laugh-out-loud moments were Christian Grey’s lines. Dude, plis deh. Either you’re a bad actor, you have a bad script to work with, or you just need more fiber in your diet.
– The way he plays the post-coital piano, stands dramatically by the window, poses by the helicopter… I have never groaned harder at a movie, ever.
– When Anastasia didn’t sign the contract, Grey persisted, pursued, and persuaded. You can have all the helicopters and cars you want… but that spells “lesser man” in my book.
– On a more important note: it bothered me very much where he viewed Anastasia’s virginity as something to be -and I quote- “rectified.” Never be the first. Especially when it’s not a relationship. That’s not cool.
– Notice how it’s all fun and games until feelings are involved? And more importantly, when either party tries to change one another. If there is one lesson to be learned from this movie, this is it.